Sunday, January 2, 2011

who has a family

lol jks they don't.

just kidding everyone has a family.

but what is a family??
well my dictionary defined it as: parents and their children whether dwelling together or not.
thats lame =\
anyway a family is more than that.
what about your grand's and your cous's and stuff?
anyway that was lame so i consulted urban dictionary, they are usually more interesting
here is what they say: A bunch of people who hate each other and eat dinner together.
another one there is: The close relationships among a body of human beings through blood. Usually are annoying and invasive around the holidays.
told you they were more interesting haha!

actually i think both resources show some truth
if you think about it.
your family is your family by blood you cant change it
but that doesn't necessarily mean you like them either
but you still have to do things with them.

is anyone that perfect family
what is the perfect family?
is it the 'picture perfect one'
where everyone is in perfect harmony
or is it one like mine?
where one whole side only recently just found out about my existence
while the other fights.
what is the perfect family?

i don't believe it exists.
every family has their flaws
even if they try to hide them
but thats what makes them special
the flaws are the things that make them stand out
make them unique
because not all families are like that

having the perfect family would be actually quite boring
if you have a family that never fights is always  happy
can you treasure those moments?
do they feel special?
how could they if that is what it always is?

moments in my family can be treasured quite easily
my nan and her sister fight all the time
my grand nan is crazy
my grandfather ran away from my grandmother while she was pregnant with my mum and he had a whole other family after that and just recently we found out about them and found my uncle on facebook and they also discovered that we existed
see if i had a perfect family i wouldnt get an excitement like that
and that is just my mums side

my dads side well lets see....
what do i know about them??
the only one i know is my grandma
i don't like her
and the rest of the family on that side well all i know is that they live in perth
my dad can't even  remember who they are
well thats usefull in knowing them isnt it =\

my close family is quite good though
we have our down times but dont all families
but we have our good times
sometimes we just like to forget about the rest of our family
but you cant because they are our family
but when we remember we laugh it out
we think about the sillyness and stupidness of their fights
how they overreact to things
and just plain be stupid

thats my family
it may not be perfect
but thats the way it is
the way it always will be
i cant change it
although sometimes i want to
i will just have to get used to it

atleast they are not murderers or anything =D
i think...

1 comment: